African Society of Human Genetics Activities
These activities aim to increase networking and also highlight the genetics research being conducted on the African continent, for the African populations or by African in Diapora. These activities are summarized in Figure 1 below and explained below.
- Annual Meetings: Young Investigators Forum: These are meeting which are held in different African countries which happen a day before the AfSHG conference. See link below for upcoming meetings.The Young Investigators Forum coordinate with support from the and Local hosting society.
- Podcasts: These are release weekly. They feature young African researchers on the continent and in diaspora to show case their work and what makes them tick. Click to access the podcast series and line ups.
- Topical discussions: These sessions are held monthly and are aimed at encouraging topical debates and discussions within the society - hosted by Nchangwi Syntia Munung.
- AfSHG Spotlight Publications: These aim to recognise the most impactful publications from society members and can be submitted anytime of the year. The awardees are selected annually during the AfSHG AfSHG Annual Meetings - coordinated by Mohamed Zahir.
- Newsletter: We aim to release the AfSHG Newsletter once a year. With Issue 1 to be released in 2023 - Vicky Nembaware
- Opportunities: AfSHG collects and distributes opportunities to members on a weekly basis
- Training activities: this happen online or during annual meetings. More items to be shared in due course.